Thursday, August 26, 2010

8-25-10 Workout Summary

I had two different workouts today.

The first started w/ an easy 60min bike. Anyone that knows me, know I'm not the greatest at getting up early. So, I decided to do my bike after class & before I drove to Clemson for the TNT swim. We got out of class early - thank goodness. I frantically drove over to the Y, changed & headed out to do loops in Cleveland Park. It had been a little while since I had road in Cleveland Park (I usually go to Donaldson) & I forgot how much I enjoyed that small loop. It's got a couple good hills and also a very nice flat in the middle where you can get going pretty fast! The middle section of the 60min I took at a tempo pace. Loved it! Got out of my seat going up hill, pushed on the up hills, down hills & flats. I even made myself take the corner fast w/o going crazy wide (I had an accident last year that still plays w/ my mind.) Well, unfortunately time was up. I did get right about my 60mins in though! Ran into the Y again, changed, ran out & headed to Clemson for the open water swim w/ TNT.

The open water swim went really well. My TNTers did great, especially when they remembered to sight! I tried to keep a nice steady pace through the entire 1600yards. It felt good, really good. When I finished there were just a few people ahead of me, but my TNTers were out of sight, so I went back out. Didn't end up going to far out before I found KImberly & then I just swam in w/ her.

All in all a great day!! Especially because a very nice Clemson guy found my phone in the middle of the road & saved it for me ... long story.

No comments:

Post a Comment