Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Workout Report

What a GREAT weekend!! Waking up at 3:30am wasn't the most fun on Saturday, but it just meant I got to fit more into the day. Headed into town at 4am to pick up Nicole, and then we took off for Anderson. She & two of my TNTers were racing in the Anderson YMCA sprint triathlon. They all did fantastic & watching/cheering them on made me really wish I was out there racing. Oh well. Money doesn't grow on trees, & I don't race in the YMCA series, so it seemed kinda pointless.

Anyways, when I got back to Greenville I headed out to Donaldson for my ride. I had to get in 60miles (w/ a 30min transition run), so I did 2 loops of one of my staple routes. It was great, but very wet! I met up w/ a friend who just happened to be heading out at the same time. He only had to do 30 miles, but it was nice riding w/ someone for the 1st loop. I was a little concerned at first b/c my legs felt like cement block, but that quickly went away. In the middle of each loop I threw in 10miles of tempo effort. Done w/ the bike & onto the run. I quickly got into a groove and felt good. I felt so good I made the middle 10min at tempo pace. It seemed to rain or drizzle the entire ride/run. Thankfully I had dry clothes to change into after I was done, because I was sick of being wet & completely water logged! Driving home my legs ached so bad. It wasn't normal. I had stretched but it was still awful. It made me concerned about Sunday's long run, but I took Advil when I got home & stretched again. When I woke up on Sunday morning they didn't seem horrible at all.

Sunday's run: 15miles DONE! No walking, no bonking & I felt pretty decent! I used to think that after that distance I would surely feel like I was dying or something ... not so much. Yes, my legs are tired & slightly sore, but all in all not that bad! I have found that instead of taking an entire gel pack every 45min, I have to do 2 gulps of my gel flask (not quite equal to 1 whole pack) every 40mins. That seems to do the trick for me. Also, I changed fluid drinks and that seems to be helpful to. I don't really care for the flavor of Accelerade, but I really like how well I have been feeling throughout my workouts. One funny thing from today... it was pretty hot & I was completely drenched in my own sweat. So when I got to the YMCA locker room, I just walked into the shower completely clothed. Figured my clothes/shoes couldn't get any more wet than they already were so why not rinse them out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment