Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8-24-10 Workout Summary

SWIM!! Wow, did it feel great to be in the water!

When I'm in the pool I don't think about school, or how much homework i have to read, or where am I going to find a job ... I'm just in the water, enjoying every bit of it. I think about my hand entering the water. What angle is it going in? Is that the most efficient. Now Sarah, finish your stroke. Don't cross the midline. Get those hips rotating. There you go! Swimming is wonderful. I love it. I'm not miss olympic swimmer. I'm not the fastest in the pool, but maybe one day I will be! Ok. Wishful thinking, I know. There will always be those collegiate swimmers who have been out of swimming for 10yrs and jump in and knock the socks off everyone. But you know what. That time I have, being in the water, it is so refreshing!

Todays swim totaled 3500. Nothing special. The main set had 4 x (500-moderate pace/45sec rest/100easy). At the end I had to do 12 x 25 (10 or less strokes & 2 or less breaths). Woa buddy! Now, that's what I call fun!!

It was a great workout and just exactly what I needed today. Saw a few friendly faces in the pool ... always nice to catch up w/ people.

No comments:

Post a Comment