Thursday, August 19, 2010

New TNT Crew

I've got a great new group of TNTers!

They are training for longer distances than the previous Tri Latta group, so it's a little more time consuming, but fun. Four of them are training for the DC - Nations Tri, which is an International distance. The other two are training for the Augusta 70.3, FORD Half IronMan.

I'm excited because I will be racing Augusta with them. Last year I went down and watched the TNTers race. Its seemed like such a great course that I just had to do it this year! In fact, in an attempt to stay focused on training for Augusta 70.3, I will be posting either daily or every other day my workouts and nutritional experiences. I've got 5 weeks till the big race, so stay tuned if you want to see what I'm up to!

This group has definitely tried my depth of knowledge with all their questions. It's been nice to see them start to trust me ... and that's what getting lots of questions means. They expect me to have an answer, and they trust that it is going to be the correct answer. =)
They have been great advocates for the TNT mission and have been a strong front out in the community w/ trying to raise funds for the research and ultimately the cure of blood cancers.

The majority of this group did the Greenville triathlon a couple weeks back and did GREAT! My Augusta crew is going to be doing another YMCA sprint this Saturday as just another practice "race mode" & transitions day. I know they are not going to like the fact that they have to run the run course 2 more times after they cross the finish line ... but they know I love them! It's going to be a great day out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment