Thursday, August 19, 2010

CHANGE - I'm going back to school!!

Change is bound to happen. Whether good. bad or neither, everyone's life changes. Mine sure has. I've had some down time from racing and so I haven't really kept up my blog, so I'm going to briefly cover what's been going on.

I missed one race during this period because there was lots going on.
- I had to lay off some of my training due to my ankle, & then my hip started to flare up (which is never good for me).
There were also some non-athletic things going on:
- I became more involved w/ TNT (which we got a new wonderful group of triathletes).
- My friend Nicole had her baby ... a beautiful baby boy. So I've been w/o my training buddy ALLLL summer.
- Also, some stuff at home has been going on too.
- Had to start looking for a new job because ....
- The big change for me happened about 2months ago when I got a call. They told me I was 2nd on the waiting list to get into nursing school. What? Earlier this summer I was told I hadn't gotten in. On the phone the said I had to prepare as if I was already in (even though I wasn't). So I started getting all the paperwork & bloodwork done. Had my physical & then I waited. Waiting was the worst!

About 4 weeks ago I got the call that I was in. What a relief!! I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing & it is so nice to actually have it all come together.

Today was my first day of classes. I'm not overwhelmed yet! Let's just hope I can figure out all the computer stuff b/c I have 2 online courses. I've got two years ahead of me and I know they are going to fly. I can't wait to be a nurse!!
----------------------------------------------------
I'm starting a new thing. A friend reminded me today that I have 5 weeks until Augusta 70.3, so in order to keep me accountable I am going to start using this blog as a real blog. If not daily, every other day, I will be posting my daily workout & nutrition experiences in the hopes to keep me focused while I start this new school journey and my free time gets even less.

No comments:

Post a Comment