Wednesday, October 20, 2010

At the RACES - North Myrtle Beach Sprint Tri (9-11-10)

This was a interesting race to say the least. Nicole & I zoomed down there after work, Friday night. Got in late, Didn't get any sleep thanks to a stupid A/C machine, a random hotel alarm clock, noisy baby Addison, and our nerves. All in all, we were just glad we made it down there & didn't forget anything at home!

Race Morning: Turns out we are North Myrtle -not- Myrtle ... so there was a bit of confusion for G-ma to come watch Addison. We ended up out on the beach, people already swimming & we still had Addison in the stroller w/ us. Yay, there's G-ma ... about 2 min before we go off.

SWIM: The swim was crazy choppy. We went out about 25yards and then went parallel with the shore. I pushed it. I like swimming & a challenge. This swim definitely was a challenge. HUGE waves & lots of them. Oh, & did I mention very mean athletes trying to KILL YOU!! Ha! oh well. As I was running up the sand I took one of them out ... accidently of course.

BIKE & RUN: Not much to say but FLAT. Very, very flat. About half way through the run, my stomach started not doing so hot. All that salt water I had taken in from the rough swim had caught up w/ me. I was sick! Tried to keep pushing it, but all they way through the finishing shoot I was dry heaving. Once I crossed that finish line I was D .. O... N... E! Couldn't find a trash can fast enough so I headed for the pine tree and threw up. All better!

Still ended up taking 2nd in my Age Group (20-24)! Yay for hardwear.

Special thanks to my Awesome sponsors for there support. TriSports.com totally takes care of me. I had to frantically call them the week before the race b/c my tire was dead ... and as always they got me all fixed up! Thanks guys =) Dr. Dan Becker, you keep me moving & Nuun & PowerBar, you keep me alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment