Friday, June 1, 2012

TryCharleston Half: 04-21-12

"The triathlon that didn't happen"
Yes, this is where we were supposed
to be swimming for the race!

This was my first half of the 2012 season. I was excited to be going down and racing with the crew. Lots of friends, a long weekend at the beach, and a big race ... nothing could be better! 

... Uh oh, I forgot to register for the race. I knew Wednesday was the last day to sign up, but I thought it closed at 7pm not am. OOPS. Crisis averted - Elizabeth w/ SetUp Events said I could register at packet pick-up on Friday. Whew!

Turns out there has been a stomach bug going around I just happened to get it Friday night. I ended up hugging the porcelain thrown all night. After a rough night I knew there was no way I could race, seeing as I would be going into it dehydrated and still sick. I decided to sit this one out. Nicole ended up having an ear infection & couldn't swim or stay on her bike b/c her equilibrium was all off ... so BOTH of us were out! Ugh. 

I definitely think that pulling out was a good decision for both of us. We rested up and managed to wander out to the race site to see our friends cross the finish line. Even if our cheering wasn't as enthusiastic as normal we still wanted to go out & show our support for the crew.

The Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment