Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer is practically over & a lot has happened!

Wow, I have been negligent in keeping this up. This summer has been busy but great! Here's a quick recap.

Florida Ironman training is going well. The miles are adding up and it is getting more & more time consuming and taxing on the body. I'm excited to say that I am not injured yet! Lets hope it stays that way =)

There is only one race that I was going to be able to race since my last post - The Paris Mtn Triathlon. It's crazy hard and I was excited, but nervous about the challenge. The weather here in SC has been a little crazy and the race director canceled it due to the monsoon and wash outs across the road. This course is very technical with lots of steep/sharp cornering, so it was definitely a good call on Jeremey's part.

My Team in Training athletes have had very successful season so far. The first group is already done with their races and now we have about 10 athletes gearing up for their races - Augusta 70.3 & Nations Triathlon (oly distance). Not only are their lives changing, but they are raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and changing countless lives. It is quite rewarding to be a part of a great cause like this & to show people that anything is possible.

On a different note ... I GOT A JOB!!! Well, I've had a couple part time jobs, but this week I accepted a full time nursing position at Greenville Memorial's Medical ICU department. This is sooo exciting! I am finally starting my career =)

No comments:

Post a Comment