Thursday, March 3, 2011

Triathlon Training, Team In Training ... & ... Leg Cramps

Tri training is getting off to a great start! My work hours have become quite scarce so now I have more time to study nursing AND train! Also, the new season of Team in Training has started off with a bang and is going quite smoothly. There is a large group of triathletes with a strong athletic background already. Makes my job easier!

I'm back in masters swim class at the Y. I am definitely looking forward to the following Wednesday nights at the pool with Coach Keogh. My first night back was quite interesting. After doing a nice hour bike ride & with some tempo spots, I jumped in the pool for masters swim. Started out fantastic! My effort level felt great all the way through & Keogh was quite happy with my technique, but then the legs started cramping. Hmmm!! Gonna have to work on fixing that. I could handle swimming with my feet, toes, and calves without much effect on myswim performance. But, then the Vastus Lateralis & Vastus Medialis started cramping. With my thighs cramping, my legs were "stuck" out straight ... I'm sure it was beautiful! Guess I need to get my NUUN's back in my water bottle! =)

TNT: Our group workouts are Saturdays and Tuesdays. So far so good! This is a great group of athletes and I am looking forward to a wonderful season with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment